Monday, September 28, 2009

MY FIRST BIG WINDOW!







So not too long ago we had the Toronto International Film Festival in town. This is one of the best times for a new and over-the-top window display at Fashion Crimes. Lucky for me, my boss decided that I was the perfect candidate to help out with this new display. Kat(our head stylist/merchandising manager) and I(her assistant) worked together for 19 hours straight putting this amazing window together for TIFF. The window theme was "The After Party You Wish You Could Get Into" and the looks were inspired by artists such as Amy Winehouse, Alison Mosshart, Grace Slick, Gwen Stefani, and more. The window is sexy, suggestive, glamourous and very rock and roll edgy... Thanks to Gibson who lent us all the awesome equipment displayed.

I'm super proud of it and so stoked that I was the one who got to help out. I'm sure I'll have more opportunities to work on future windows considering new doors are constantly opening for me at Fashion Crimes (ie my new position as Design Technician Assistant - it's not as important as it sounds but it's still pretty freakin' cool!).

Anyway, because I was SOOOooo proud of myself for this accomplishment I had to BLAAAAHHHHG about it. Besides, I really do think that after all the time and energy and calories wasted on Redbull put into this window I really should show it off. So take a peek and let me know what you think. ;)

xo
ox
LOVE LOVES

No comments:

Post a Comment