Thursday, May 14, 2009

ON A MORE PERSONAL LEVEL

I've decided just now that what is truly important in maintaining a good blog is to get personal with your readers. I want you all to know who I am, what I do and what I love the very most. What makes me tick, what ruins my day and what I despise more than anything. So every now and again...starting TODAY! :) ... I will be posting occasional blogs about MY LIFE! Interesting enough?? To some perhaps...And to others maybe not.

So the most important thing about me is that I am utterly obsessed and completely addicted to fashion. I'm currently enrolled in the Fashion Business Industry program at George Brown College here in Toronto. This program allows for me to get a good taste of the management side as well as the design side of the fashion field.

I work at an iconic boutique, Fashion Crimes, for an amazing designer (see older posts for more details) and I get a lot of wicked opportunities from being there. Recently, after the completion of my 3 month probationary period, I got a PROMOTION! The really great thing about this job is being invited to awesome events and parties within my industry and getting to meet/work with a lot of beautiful people.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to pull looks for an upcoming artist, Lily Frost(Thanks to my manager, Kat!). She was incredible, such a sweetheart and absolutely loved the looks I pulled for her. Nothing is more rewarding than to have someone leave my store happy. They aren't just leaving with a new dress they are leaving with an entire look that I helped them achieve.

I'm anxious to be a "full-time" part of this industry and to travel the world and experience the most I possibly can. Next stop, Paris...London...Milan.

So I've posted the Lily Frost music video for her song "Enchantment". She's such a doll so get hooked and support her music.

Also, I'll be sure to keep you posted on more fun stuff as the weeks go on and on. Have a great day, lovelies!

xo

ox



FUN FACT - Stars that shop at Fashion Crimes:

Katy Perry, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment