Monday, June 22, 2009

MMVA DRAMA, mama!!




So yesterday was the Much Music Video Awards (MMVA's) which pretty much meant that this past weekend was insanity at Fashion Crimes. Everyone searching to find the perfect look to strut their stuff down to Queen Street West for the celebrity party. And of course, not to forget, the celebs who were looking to dress to impress for the red carpet and all their fans.

I had the opportunity to meet a lot of really cool people this past week which is a simple reminder of how much I LOOOOOVE my job. Another reason as to why I love my job is getting to work one on one with clients and to help style them head-to-toe for awesome events like the MMVAaaaa's. Friday, Tara Mason came into the store and I hooked her up with an incredible look to shock the MMVA fashion runway. (see video posted below :)))) !!!!!)



Let me know what you think about this look!?! COMMENT. COMMENT. COMMENT.

Another thing you must love about video awards and having a million and twelve celebrities roaming around your city (ED WESTWICK...'clear throat') is the AFTER PARRRRRTYYYYY.

So many places to go, so many people to see. What to do??? Well, I can tell you what NOT to do...Go to Circa...Why do I say this? Because I did it. Yup, that's right, of all the after parties to choose from Nancy and I chose to go to Circa, and for no good reason. It was awful.

$15 to get in....Not that we paid thanks to a little thing called the guest list... Skank bartenders to under pour your over priced drinks and a room full of pretentious individuals.

I'm so over spending money to drink in an over crowded (or even worse, under crowded -ie. last night) room to be judged by a bunch of phony 'hipsters' that know absolutely nothing about me or anything they pretend to be interested in. I'd much rather spend my money on material things like my new eagle head ring made of crystals and gunmetal (picture posted above). It's probably the coolest piece of jewelry to ever exist on this planet.

If anything, last night was an excuse to shop for a cute new outfit and I'd like to think that Nancy and I rocked our looks with or without a good time.


'Til next time, lovers.

xo

ox

No comments:

Post a Comment