Saturday, July 11, 2009

MY DATE WITH THE "CELEBRITY BLOGGER"




So, I wasn't going to say anything but I've decided it has to be done. I won't drop any names because that is just plain rude. SOOOOooo, I went on a date...with a so called celebrity blogger...and NO! He wasn't gay. (For some reason I get asked that A LOT). Straight boys gossip too, ladies!

Well anyway, we meet through a friend and of course I'm the least bit interested because he is the furthest thing from my type. He's your typical Abercrombie and Fitch kind of dude that thinks he's the hottest thing since Bob Dylan. Which really doesn't make sense considering A & F was an unfortunate phase that took over 75% of my generation for a short while and was quickly dropped for good reason.

To continue, boy is texting me off the hook for the next few days and my thoughts on this are 'not my type, but nice... perhaps we could be friends?!'. Boy asks me out and is persistent in saying that I should give him a chance and that he is very different than who I think he may be. So what do I do? I give boy a chance.

And guess what?! He was right, he was so different than who I thought he was...He turned out to be a lunatic. (Okay, maybe that's a LITTLE harsh)

So we go on one (typical) date and the next day he's pissed because I've made plans to hang out with another boy. Not once did he ask me who this boy was to me and for all he knew this other boy was my second cousin- Not that it mattered because even after first date with the blogger I still hadn't taken the slightest bit of an interest in him.

To cut a long story short I received a string of nasty text messages for the next two days implying things that should have never been implied, especially not after ONE date. And to put a little red cherry on that cupcake he linked to his Twitter a blog posting on his site that stated how girls don't know what they want...TWICE!

I ended up getting an apology from him, but somehow the conversation was ended on not so positive terms. I guess I didn't respond the way he hoped I would.

Point of this blog post, guys accuse girls of being crazy all the time and it's not fair because guess what?! Some of YOU (boys) are crazy too! And quite frankly I don't think that term should be thrown around at all because nine times out of ten when a girl is "breaking dishes" it's usually for good reason...I did say USUALLY now, boys. There are always exceptions to be made.

Also, I find it funny how many-many-many guys want to be able to do what they want, date around, hook up with whoever they want in the 'dating' period of the relationship, but yet they want their "potentials" to stay loyal to them. I really don't understand that at all. I'm left bothered and confused.

And as my final thought, how come in the early stages of the game boys have no problem telling you how they feel, or that they have future plans to take you on vacation or that they want you meet their family back home but the minute any of those feelings are exchanged on your part they freak out and slowly but surely begin to blow you off?
They lay it on thick and once they've realized that they've convinced you they RUN!

Just another small mystery to me that I'm sure won't ever be solved.

Where's Nancy Drew when you need her?!

2 comments:

  1. classic bait and switch. all men are insecure, i have so many theories as to why they act the way they do. one of these days we will converse about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a plan, lady. i'm looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete